Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Day Seven - Gratitude Starts with "T"


Prompt - Working my way through Thanksgiving what "T" are you thankful for?


"T" is for toolbox.  My mother made many of our play and school clothes while we were growing up. We had great homemade costumes as well.  When I was a tween, she began quilting and quickly perfected her skills and became a known in the quilting world.  A master quilter, she has produced many beautiful heirloom quilts of which my skills could never aspire to.


She taught me the value of the small everyday things in our lives, the domestic stories that would later prove so important to me, and the value of high quality, beautiful tools both in the kitchen and in the sewing studio.


Here are a few pictures of my new toolbox.  I found this scratch and dent bargain in the back room clearance section of Grizzly.  I am not a good haggler, but brought my best man with me to handle the haggle. He did a brilliant job and saved me well for something so beautiful.  I will enjoy organizing my tools, as I have begun, and maybe tweaking the look by replacing the hardware with something a little more girly.  He will fix the small broken piece and no one will ever know.







1 comment:

  1. That is a stylish toolbox! I have toolbox envy.
    Yes, the little corner looks easy to fix.

    ReplyDelete