Thursday, January 29, 2015

CAL on Ravelry


I am excited to try to complete this year's BAM (Block a month) CAL (Crochet A..long) on Ravelry. You can find the group page here.  I tried last year's CAL, but am scrambling to finish up as I was completely derailed by the realities that our lives can sometimes become.


I was not too keen about going out and buying a whole new color scheme for this project so I began to see what I had.  Just recently, I finished my Nordic Shawl and have quite a bit of leftover yarn for the stash.  The leftovers include some pretty shades of blue.  I like blue.  I do.


My kitchen is my favorite place to be.  I have been using the same dishes for nearly three decades now as my mother and I have collected all these beautiful blue and white treasures.  For the first time ever, I have a fireplace in my kitchen.


It is an odd room, but I am adjusting to this old house.  My grandmother's hutch sits in the corner and I have placed a rocking chair near the fire.  This rocker needs a blanket so I have decided to use my leftover blue and white yarn to make a blanket complimenting my dishes.


It should be cozy.








No comments:

Post a Comment