Friday, February 14, 2014

Tea Cozy


I am simply going to ignore the fact that yet again it is way too dark to take pictures. We love snow days when we can cuddle up and be warm and creative, but it is hard to take pictures.  I have to choose between dark or harsh light.  There is no middle ground.  I have been trying to photograph the progress of my Sky Blanket for a few days, but instead have hooked up three more white squares and a grey.  It's just that kind of winter this year in the Ozarks.  I did manage to finish my tea cozy. Here is my girled out version of Patons' Aran Tea Cozy.  You can find the pattern here.


 The cozy is made with Red Heart's Bamboo Ewe in Snapdragon.  Love this yarn.  It knits up beautifully, has good stitch definition, and is easy to work with.  I did run short and after a long search around town, decided to add a crocheted shell edging with Lion Brand Yarn's Heartland in Denali.  I found these great vintage style buttons at my local JoAnn's store.


February's tea cozy is the Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy by Dearest Debi.  Here are some of my fiber options.  




No comments:

Post a Comment