Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hooking Ruffles


We have had a quiet Thanksgiving holiday thus far.  LibbyLu came down with a cold last week as I was heading out of town for NCTE.  She has a habit of doing that.  By the time I returned, after being bumped in beautiful Boston, she had full blown bronchitis.  We spent a good four hours at urgent care because, of course, it is a holiday week and our primary care physician is out of town.  LibbyLu is still on the couch, but she is on the road to recovery.  We both spent Thanksgiving day cuddled up in quilts, in our pajamas, watching  movies.  Today will be a cooking day I we prepare for our postponed holiday meal with the family tomorrow.

Photo - Susan Carlson - The Felted Button

 I spent most of the day waiting on my sick princess, but some down time has given me a chance to work on a blanket requested by LibbyLu.  The pattern is by Susan Carlson of Felted Button.  You can find the pattern here on Ravelry or here on Susan's blog. We have changed the colors to match LibbyLu's room and we are also increasing its size 150%.  She likes big comfy blankets.  The ruffles make this quite the project - nearly two and half blankets worth of hooking to complete this beauty.  I have finished the first color and am working on the second.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment