Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hello Kitty, I mean, Lulu!


 This will be my grand-daughter Lulu's fourth Halloween.  She is the most sweet, smart, loving child ever - not that I am biased in any way.  Since I, her Nana, just love Halloween, I enjoy so much making her smile by making something especially for her.  My girls are moving beyond the costume stage and wanting to do their own thing.  Sigh.

 Lulu was just itty bitty on her first Halloween, but, between you and me, I know she was excited.  Can't you tell?  She knew there was gobs of fun and there were to be costumes and booing and candy in this girl's future to be sure.  I made sure she had spooky sleeper.


Her first costume was a gift to her mother.  Lulu was such a cute Nemo.  I can't help but notice her swollen little hands with bandages.  This is a part of her history and we are glad she healed and the pain and fright is behind her.

 Last year, Lulu was an owl.  I had a wonderful time making this costume and it was certainly hard to get her to hold still for a picture.


Lulu and I share a love of Hello Kitty.  Someone recently told me that Hello Kitty has no mouth because she speaks with her heart.  Awwww.  Like last year's owl costume, I crocheted a hat for the face.  I love this idea as the fun carries on long after trick-or-treat.  I also made a sweet Hello Kitty style jumper with pop flower.


I did not forget the bow.


I am pleased.  This year Lulu and her mother are many, many, many miles and states away.  I packed the costume in a box and sent it away.  I practically sit on the phone awaiting Lulu's reaction.  I hope she is pleased.

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute Hello Kitty hat....did you make up the pattern, or can you direct me to where you found it. Happy Halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LuLu is precious! What darling costumes you made for her! I am sorry she is so far away!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!! I love Hello Kitty! I just posted some Hello Kitty nail art on my blog today! :-)
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has a thing for Hello Kitty as well - I'm surprised she hasn't yet requested it as a party theme or costume!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to invite you to My Wednesday Linky party. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/10/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-linky-party-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Hello Kitty hat! I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://www.navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-4_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Hello Kitty hat! I also really like the owl costume! Too cute!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete