Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Cozy Nook


This is always a tough time of year to negotiate for John and myself.  Summer is fun and full of softball games, cheer practices, swimming, driving with the top down, time at Hammons Field, and a little World Team Tennis.  I am not a teacher who has summers off.  I teach online and work on my administrative duties as a Lead Instructor.  This all sounds wonderful, but intermixed here and there across the course of the summer is time when there are no children in the house.  This is the fall out of having a mixed family.  Some would think we daft for not enjoying this precious grown up time, but we are pretty pitiful folk around here who love having children laughing, lazing, and squabbling the summer away.  It is just who we are.  This week is a quiet one for us.  The last of the three children skipped out on us yesterday.  Her father is taking her on a wonderful trip to the Grand Canyon.  Weeks ago, he purchased a Nook Color for her to enjoy on the trip.  She loves it, but I think she spends most of her Nook time on Pinterest.  She is my kid to be sure.  She was not thrilled to learn that her school summer reading list was also available for her Nook.  She will be reluctantly reading To Kill A Mockingbird, The Catcher in the Rye, The Secret Life of Bees, The Outsiders, and The House on Mango Street.  I think I am much more exited about her reading list than she is.
 
 

Yesterday morning, I realized that her Nook had no protection and she was casually dropping it into her over sized, I mean really big, purse along with beads, scissors, makeup, sharpies, sketchbook, and all things teen girl.  We jumped in the car and headed to a local creativity store.  LibbyLu selected two colors of cotton yarn and a cool bone button.


I spent the better part of the afternoon creating a cozy home for her Nook.


LibbyLu is pleased with the result and I feel better knowing her Nook is cozy and a little safer.  Is your eReader cozy and happy?

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I need one for my Kindle Fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had one as pretty for my nook. Mine is store bought made for my nook. Zach has me hooked on angry birds rio, those monkeys are driving me nuts. I have to get back to my book. But first I have to get those monkeys before I see Zach again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Yes, my Blackberry Playbook (which is also a reader) has its own case. I LOVE it. I can be on line or read a book or send an email or.... Well, just about whatever I want to do....

    ReplyDelete
  4. kelly, you are amazing. I hope that you know that. A great mom and a very special daughter. The Nook case is lovely. Do you make Ipad cases as well? Mom loves you

    ReplyDelete