Monday, May 28, 2012

What's in your bag?

We moms are waiters.  We wait in waiting rooms, we wait in the car, we wait on the bleachers and in the hall, we wait and wait and wait because we are vigilant and care.



I have a bag that travels with me nearly every where I go.  My bag is much smarter than I am.  Sometimes, I get out of the habit of taking my bag, and I find myself inexplicably waiting for something or someone for a long period of time of which I could be using wisely and knitting or crocheting or something.  This happened to me me the other day.  A nearly two hour wait with nothing to do and a battery quickly running low on the iPhone was not fun at all.  I am going to be better about toting the bag.


What is in your bag?  This amazing deep turquoise yarn has been in bag for a few weeks now.  I mentioned it here.  The yarn has been a delight to work with, but I am not too happy with the design.   So I frogged, and began again with a design that is far more feminine and far more interesting.


Yes.  I am begin vague.  The recipient of this knitting is someone who pops in every now and then to read, so I don't want to give too much away. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I carry a bag, too, because I am a very experienced waiter. I had to wait for My Honey during a series of medical tests recently and made most of a sweater during the wait time. Carrying my knitting also introduces me to many nice people who strike up conversations about what I am making. Otherwise, we might have exchanged pleasantries about the weather, then been silent all that time. Yes, a bag of knitting is very important to waiters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kelly, It was so lovely to hear from you. I see your home is busy with activity including your wonderful knitting. I also see your husband now has his own blog. Super! I always enjoyed his "interuptions" so much.
    Wishing you a happy Memorial Day!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete