Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Egg Wreath


Yesterday, I made a commitment to finish my spring wreath. I started working on it this past week. I am on spring break and have charged myself to making the most of it creativity wise. I have never had nice wreaths before. I have a few that I have picked up, after season, and on sale which is not a bad thing, but the wreaths were stand ins for the what I really wanted.


This year, I am intentionally looking for great wreath projects for my front door. I was inspired by a wreath tutorial at Kennedy Klan News.


I wanted dotty eggs, but could not find any that would allow me to make this wreath on the cheap. I grabbed white acrylic paint from the paint drawer and a pencil with a good eraser.



It took some time, but I think cute dots are worth it.




I am working on tutorial. Come party crashing with me by clicking here.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly, this is so cute, can you tell us how you made it????? I want to try one too! I actually have eggs that have designs on them, but not as cute as your polka dots! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Is it for me? Looks great honey. I will do a drive by so I can see it in all it's glory. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and I love the colors! The dots on the eggs really make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I absolutely love your wreath and especially the polka dot eggs. What a clever idea to use a pencil. Pinning this for future inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! I wish I had the patience to sit painting all those dots!!!

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft pretty colors! Visiting from tatertos and Jello. :)

    Jessica
    www.craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cute! Love the bright colors. I hope you'll link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute!! It's so colorful and fun. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It UP Thursday.

    ReplyDelete