Saturday, March 17, 2012

Did you know today is Natiional Quilting Day?


Today is National Quilting Day. Click here to find events, exhibits, and free patterns. I can not think of a better way to celebrate than to share a few quilts made for my family by the most awesome quilter in the world. Really. This is a picture of the quilt my mother made for me. You can read about it here, and here and, here, and here.


Mom also made this beautiful baby quilt for LibbyLu. Read more about this beauty here.

Mom, these quilts are truly stunning, but the greatest gifts you have ever given me are the gift of family, the love of family, and the love of creating beauty. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I agree absolutely, but don't forget her cooking, especially those cherry pies. Mmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are such beautiful quilts. How lucky to have someone create such a work of art just for you! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete