Friday, March 23, 2012

American Beauty Rose Pincushion


I am still enjoying playing with pincushions this week. Okay. I admit it, now. I might, just might, be developing an obsession with rescuing, I mean re-purposing, thrifted treasures into useful pincushions. It is my belief that we should use the best and most beautiful of tools. It only makes sense.




This pincushion is made from a teacup that was orphaned without a saucer. It needed adoption and great care. The manufacturer is Norleans and the pattern, American Beauty Rose. The name befits the design, or maybe the other way around. You can decide.


I added a hooked rose to the top. I have been playing with crocheted roses a lot this past week.


I love how the RicRac peeks out from the cup.


Even the back of the cup has a pretty painted rose.


It just makes me happy. Do you have a favorite pincushion?

15 comments:

  1. Love your pin cushions...giving me all kinds of ideas here! The rid-rac is the sweetest touch, I would never have thought of using that. Thanks for the ideas, you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kellly and now the sweet cup has a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so lovely! I just use the standard tomato pincushion. I'm used to it as I have had it for more than 30 years. (Would you believe I got it as an infant? No? Sometimes I can't believe it when I say something happened 30 or 40 years ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May favorite is my old 'tomato' or is it a strawberry? Had it for years. This past Christmas I was given one by my Secret Santa and I've got another one a friend gave me shaped like a big block. I use it a lot. One on the ironing board, one by the sewing machine - - maybe I do need a few more. Your teacup looks cute - but I would worry about breaking it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that's cute! What a great idea and I love the pink crocheted doiley underneath.

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and you did such an amazing job. Would you sell one of the cup pin cushions? I have a friend with this same pattern and she sews. This would make a lovely Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful! Love the teacup you selected!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is darling, Kelly. I love the crocheting and ric-rac-ing you did to it, too.
    Had to laff at your "Kids" comment on the sidebar. I'm gonna send it to my sister who has a 20 year old (yikes!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out so cute! That pattern looks so similar to Desert Rose by Franciscan. Have a great weekend, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pincushion. What did you stuff it with?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! I love combining an old treasure with a new twist. Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Love this, please share it! Link it up with me on my Wow Us Wednesday, ok? Over at www.familyhomeandlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful ! What a great gift idea !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking up with me on Wow Us Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete