Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweetheart Button Treats


There is nothing I love more than making sweet gifts for those I love. I don't always have the time I need, I don't always have the resources I need, but I try to make every little thing I can. Over the years, Valentine's Day has turned into a holiday of giving junk. The girls are older now and move quickly beyond the first fun moment of a stuffed animal. These creatures find their way into dusty corners and dark closets. They just don't hold their emotional value. Candy in stores are overpriced and often more novelty than tasty. I have enjoyed spending time creating goodies these past few years. I have made little crocheted cupcakes, truffles, and red-velvet cupcakes.


This year, I have put together some Sweetheart Button Treats. They look a little like hearts. Don't you think? Well, it's close enough for me. Enjoy these sweet, salty treats. The ingredients are simple.


Gather Rold Gold Tiny Twist Pretzels, Valentine M & Ms, and Hershey Hugs.




Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees, Fahrenheit. Lay pretzels out on a parchment lined cookie sheet. I love pre-cut parchment best. I use Ultra Bake Parchment Sheets. You can find these by clicking on the picture.




Top each pretzel with a hug.


Place your treats in the oven for 5 minutes. Your hugs should be shiny, slightly melted and just soft. Place a pink M & M in the center of each hug and place your tray of treats in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. It is that simple.


I packaged my treats in sweet, Wilton Valentine treat bags. 30 Sweetheart Button Treats fill the bags just right.


I wish you all a very sweet, sweet day.


Click here to see the parties I have attended this week.

8 comments:

  1. I saw these on Pinterest and made lots and lots for gifts. Fun, easy and OH so tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is okay if you want to send a bag or two my way. I won't tell. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about Valentines Day junk. Handmade Tasty Treats are THEE best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look so yummy! I need to pin and remember to make these next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a get together on VAlentine's Day and the hostess made these. They were so good, especially to this pregnant lady! lol
    Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I will be featuring this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly- these look so yummers! Love the little m&m button look! I am your new follower, can't wait to poke around your place!-Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Yummy! Have you seen them done with Mini Eggs for Easter?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute and look so yummy! Can't wait to try them. And btw, I love your blog, it's so CUTE! Especially your blog header, how unique and sweet!

    ReplyDelete