Monday, February 20, 2012

A Safe Place for Tea


Our daughter GracyLu turned eighteen years of age a few days ago. We are ever so excited for her as she is watching all of her dreams come true and now, and now, she is grown. She may not be aware of all the growth still to come, and I think all the changes to come are a bit scary, but her beauty, her smarts, and her heart will see her through. She is an adventurer, a graceful spirit and a chaser of dreams. We are so proud of her.


GracyLu loves tea and we share a love of Good Earth Original Sweet & Spicy tea. For her birthday, I bought this beautiful bamboo tea box. In the Victorian era, when our country was young, women cherished their rare teas and often kept their spicy bags stowed safely away in a tea box such as this one. I filled it with our favorite teas and a new flavor - Organic White Tea.


I thought it appropriate to create some Victorian inspired needlework to embellish this box.


My favorite source for embroidery stitches of this kind is Crazy Quilt Stitches by Dorothy Bond.






Happy Birthday sweet, sweet, GracyLu.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely beautiful! I can't stop looking at it, and all of the different fabrics, stitches and colors! What an incredible gift!! Beautiful work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the tea box was a really cool idea and wondered where you find a tea box.

    Then you switched to stitching and I thought, wow, I didn't know you did crazy quilt.

    The box is fantastic and I am sure it will become a treasured heirloom. I love that...a piece of your creative soul that she will cherish forever.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an amazing homemade detail to add to her box! Even after the tea is gone, she'll have a wonderful keepsake made by you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...that is so pretty...you do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete