Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lydia, oh Lydia, say, have you met Lydia?


There is never a shortage of birthdays around here. We started the year with Lydia turning 20. How does that happen? Lydia is a smart and beautiful young woman with a mind of her own. Cupcakes were not on the menu. She ordered a birthday brunch of hot biscuits and gravy. I was happy to oblige.


Candles work just fine with biscuits. She made a wish and I hope it was a good one, because she deserves it.


She has many have to haves right now so she received the most practical of gifts - a gift card to a nearby stuff mart. Not wanting to let a birthday go by without something special, I hooked a hat and scarf with her in mind. It is soft and wonderful.



She is a tattooed lady. Sigh. I am not sure I will ever get used to this. It must be a sign of my age. At least she has a good reminder. Keep looking forward, Lydia. May the future bring you joy and sweet life. Have fun. You're only twenty once.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Twenty! And, I'm with you, Mom, I don't think I can ever get used to the tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat and scarf..James c Brett Marble or did you mix it yourself?
    Gorgeous a fabulous colour, hope she loved it too X

    ReplyDelete