Friday, May 20, 2011

Behind the Scenes



The play is nearly over. No more theater or rehearsal time. All receipts are turned in. Equipment has been serviced. There are still five loads of laundry to do, organization then storage, but this can wait until the grading of final essays and exams is complete. Grades will be submitted Monday then I will be turning my attention to where is belongs, home. Whew! I can hardly wait to be home. During these past few months, even though we were busy beyond belief, there has been a bit of home creativity going on late at night, sometimes only for a very few minutes. Just a bit. I started something new and it is a surprise, so I can only give you a peek at my process for now. It has not been an easy beginning.



This yarn sort of just melted into itself.


There were some bad pattern ideas along the way. Ewww.


Not quite...


Finding just the right, white, cream, ivory, buff, etc. proved difficult.



Some yarn was too squeaky, too limpy, too not what I wanted.


Then I settled on one.


It was mostly the right color, mostly the right feel, mostly right and in my budget. I am about a quarter of the way done with the blocks. The first of many are being blocked.









7 comments:

  1. The squares are absolutely beautiful and the yarn looks so amazingly soft. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me? Such a sweet daughter. I love youscsn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding present? I won't tell.




    wv=kintly
    almost a knitting description

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very pretty. :) There is nothing quite like elegant white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly it is beautiful. Check out the blog contest in this month's Country living magazine. I believe that you and your Mom have a chance at winning. I am not biased. Really.
    Love, Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful - hope you share the finished product and pattern with us!!

    ReplyDelete