Friday, March 18, 2011

Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts


The last time I was in New York City I visited the American Folk Art Museum. It was truly a wonderful sensory experience. The building is beautiful and I very much enjoyed all of the exhibits. My extremely talented friend Karen told my also extremely talented mother about this free exhibit. I hope if you are in the NYC area, you will go and share with us your experience. Here are some images from the collection.








7 comments:

  1. OH Wow! Those are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reaction is the same as Dawns: WOW! What an impact displaying them all together, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I wish I could attend this! I know you probably already entered, but the Spring giveaway ends today! Check it out! And, don't forget to vote for Fine Man Friday! Kori xoxo

    http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2011/03/spring-break-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that an awesome image with so many quilts on display? I knew Nadine would appreciate the image. Would love to go, but the free admission just isn't enough to get me to head across the country :-) Maybe they will publish a book of the display!

    Hope all is well with other things. Let me know.

    ~~karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like the circular patterned one! It's a feat of geometry... and art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish I could go to this! Looks amazing!! I love red and white quilts - they never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete