Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dogwood


I may state this over and over, but it is true. We live in a truly unique and beautiful neighborhood full of unique and wonderful people, homes, and trees. As I drove home this afternoon, I noticed tiny signs of Spring beginning to burst forth from trees. The weather has finally warmed, a bit, and mother nature is warming up to the idea of new life. It will be stunning. In the Spring, we enjoy the Dogwood blossoms. I love these blossoms and am blessed to have an old, old, old Dogwood right outside the front door. I will share with you these palm wide blossoms this coming Spring. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these photos of a quilt I admired at the OPQG show.





2 comments:

  1. That quilt is so beautiful. It must have been a labor of love for someone. I'm trying my first quilt project making a candle mat- can't imagine doing anything bigger right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dogwood is one of my favorite favorite favorite trees in the whole world. I can't wait to see your pictures. The quilt just whets my appetite for dogwood blossoms. My husband I were married in April and our wedding invitations had embossed dogwood flowers on them.

    ReplyDelete