Thursday, January 20, 2011

Break out the hot chocolate. It's a snow day!




I am sitting in my office and it is still dark outside, but outside is blanketed in snow and a few minutes ago my phone buzzed with a school alert - no school today due to inclement weather. I look out and watch the snow fall in the glow of the street lamp. There are few cars passing by and have only seen a plow pass a couple of times. The street lamp goes out as its sensor is likely covered in snow and when the light comes back on a guy in shorts, yep, in shorts, jogs by. That is insanity, not dedication. I think, go back to bed dude - it's a snow day.


I am not sure who is most pleased, me or the girls. Teachers like snow days as much as students and we are a house of teachers and students. The girls will cuddle in, stay in pajamas all day and watch movies and dance with the Wii. I made a late night might-be-snow run to the Stuff Mart last night and picked up mini marshmallows for hot chocolate, a few favorite foods, and a new movie to surprise them with when the I am bored whine begins. I have a crafty idea as well. We will keep busy. I would love to cuddle up and work on a special crochet project in progress, but know that a day off school also means a few hours of work at home. Maybe I will make myself a deal - work and play. In the meantime, I wish you a happy snow day. I am heading down to the kitchen to make muffins to warm up the house and my family's tummies.


The vintage potholder is made with crochet and ric-rac. It is one in my collection I do not believe I have shared before.

Share your vintage with Coloradolady.

6 comments:

  1. Anything would taste good out of that cute cup. Nothing better than sitting by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than a snow day, enjoy! My kids would be very jealous right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your snow day! I love that cup, and Toy Story 3--oh, how I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dare I say I am jealous? We have foggy day schedules in our part of the country. If the district calls one for the town we live in, school is delayed by 2 hours. But I teach in a town about 10 miles away and they never have foggy days so there is no sleeping in around here. Hope you stay super warm and cozy today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy the snow days are over here in Atlanta but it sounds like you are ready to make the best out of it over there. :-) Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mug is adorable and the potholder is lovely!

    ReplyDelete