Sunday, September 19, 2010

Talk about using your thread...


In my Writing II class, I push students to push their preconceived notions about art out of their heads and try on the new, the different, and many times the ordinary of art. They work to discover the art in their lives through exploring, research, and writing. It is such a privilege to watch them discover what art is for them. I often find my art in a spool of thread. Imagine the possibilities.







Check these amazing pieces of art out and more here and here.

5 comments:

  1. Nice post but I really didn't understand why the Last Supper was upside down. I linked up but still nothing. Sorry. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spool of YLI silk thread really grabbed my eye as a lead in to your post. Anything textile begins with thread (well the animal or plant that produces the fiber from which we make the thread). Anywho, I have quite an assortment of YLI silk thread which I constantly employ in the use of my hand produced textile related art work. Which, now that I have purused your post, I think I will be off to feel some wonderful silks and do a little textile art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The North Carolina Art Museum in Raleigh has the Mona Lisa from thread. It is awesome in real life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I am slow. It took me a moment to discover what I was actually looking at was spools of thread. What a fun ah ha moment! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete