The district issued the following quidelines for school dances:
- Dance in an upright position with both feet on the floor.
- No thrusting or simulating sexual acts or gestures.
- No touching of the breasts, buttocks, and genital areas.
- No lifting or pulling clothing.
- Hands must be outside fabric at all times.
Seems to me that there has been a whole lot more going on at the high school dances than music and dancing. The media should be ashamed for criticizing a group of educators and students who are merely telling students that they are expected to behave at a school function. Are these rules banning music and dancing? Certainly not. The big question we parents should be asking is what has been going on at these dances that such no brainer, should be obvious, just plain behave and respect yourself, guidelines be set in print.