Monday, January 18, 2010

I Dare You


Sometimes I surprise myself. This morning, and this picture, is one of those times. I dare you to post something like this. Yes, that is me, in a pair of pajama pants and a overly large t-shirt from my alma mater, sitting on the couch just a day or so after Christmas. You can tell by the Christmas mess still evident. There is a coffee cup to my right and handwork to my left from the night before. It is morning. No make-up and undone hair.

I am blogging with Lucy. She is such a sweet and good baby and I am so lucky to be her Grammy. I have big plans for her. We will do much together and she will learn the stories that have come before her and those she is to be a part of. She is a great little blogger.

9 comments:

  1. I love how that sweet little babe is focused so intently on the screen right along with you. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly
    I had to respond to your comment on my "bloom" post. I whine when I'm planted too. Hmm...maybe I need to keep that quilt a little longer!
    I love the photo of you and your little grandbaby. You look so comfortable and happy.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that matters are the two intent, happy faces! ;-)

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, you're on. I will post a photo of similar-ness of me. Check out my blog tomorrow :-)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like having a baby next to you. And I am no make up and undone hair almost every day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What isn't obvious to the rest of your readers is that you and Lucy aren't blogging at all, but are actually watching old Engelbert Humperdinck videos on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this photo. Its such a blessing to be able to be real. So much of our world is images setup just so...so that no amount of imperfection intrudes upon their glory. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I just ran across your site and may I say, when I saw the pic of you at the computer with the baby, I just assumed she was yours. But GRANNIE???? Amazing--you don't look old enough to be a Grandma. As my small children would say, "Grandmas and Grandps are really old people."

    ReplyDelete