Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Snooping


I was a holiday snooper. You know, one of those kids who sneaks around the house looking behind the pots and pans in the kitchen cupboards, under the hats in the coat closet, behind the curtains in my parents room and, just in case it was too obvious a place to hide goodies, in my piano bench under the sheet music. I am not proud of this, but my mother should be proud for hiding our gifts so well, that I never found anything that I can remember. We always had such delightful, fun surprises for us under the tree on Christmas mornings.

Each year, I try to make at least one little something for each person on my list and this year will be no exception. Would you like a peek? I need to be careful, because reading is not really like snooping unless there is something to snoop out, so you will just get a little peek. Don’t worry, I have pictures of finished items in their entirety to share with you after the wrapping is torn away and the bows are safely stowed for next year.

This is a special gifty for a blogging friend.


And this is for a special girl in my life.


This goes with that. She will love it.


And this? Well, this is quite a bit of project to take on so few days before gifting. Cross your fingers.


Happy holiday making! ~Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Ooooooh I can tell already how gorgeous these gifts are! You're inspiring me to get going on the 10 million Christmas gifts I plan on making. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Kelly...You shouldn't have. And it is brown and blue, my favorite colors. Ha! Ha! Ha!

    Oh sweetie, this peeks are just exquisite. I love the brown and blue. Can't wait to see after Christmas what the final pics look like. They are just beautiful. You do such beautiful handiwork. I can't knit or crochet a thing. I have two left hands, and everyone who has tried to teach me, have given up on me.

    I thought I was the only Inspector Erskin who took out with magnifying glass and sharp eye in search of the hidden gifts. I too, never found any, but I sure had fun trying.

    Have a beautiful day tomorrow. Stop by and say hello. I so love to have the company. Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I peeked and found once as a child and that was the end of my sneaking adventures. LOL

    I hope to get some presents made, so cross your fingers for me too. I'm looking forward to the full reveal, because all your little hints look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty yarns! I was peeker, too. My motto was always, "I'm peeking, but I'm not gonna look!" I did find an electric popcorn popper in a box once underneath all the dirty clothes in the laundry basket. It was for the whole family when I was a kid. Really! My mom could have thought of a better hiding place!!
    Knowing myself as child, I was much more creative in hiding things. We had an unused fireplace once, very black inside when the doors were closed. I piled presents in there and covered them with a yard of plain black fabric, closed the glass doors, and no one suspected a thing!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! it all looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete