Monday, November 9, 2009

Crafting in the City


One of our first stops in Silver Dollar City was the Taffy and Sweet Shoppe. It is full of wrapped goodness. Even the holiday decorations looked good enough to eat.


This pretty little shop has a wrap around porch complete with chairs, tables and rockers for relaxing. Here is Sandra hooking up a holiday round rippled lovely. We met on the porch and I think I scared her when I asked if I could take her picture to share with you. This might explain the what is this crazy lady doing taking my picture sort of look. Sandra explained she lived in the area and enjoyed coming to The City to relax with a little handwork. What a great idea. Sandra also owns a pretty home decor and collectible shop. Check out her treasures at Second Love.


There were candy sticks galore.


And, LibbyLu’s favorite rock candy.


John and I watched two women in frilly bonnets make fresh peanut brittle then we were treated to a small warm piece each. Mmmmm good.

~Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh Kelley!
    Silver Dollar City, we used to go to Beaver Lake and Tablerock Lake every year to fish for 2-3 weeks when I was a kid. My Daddy loved it over there and swore it was the best Bass fishing ever. During our vacation, we always made a trip to Silver Dollar City and Christ of the Ozarks. Never got tired of either one. I can taste that taffy pulling at my teeth as I write. Thank you for helping me pull a wonderful memory from my hat tonight.

    Country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. My absolute favorite has always been rock candy! Thanks for reminding me of my childhood antiquing with my mom! Have a great night! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete