Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday - Linen Love


As I see it, I have only two indulgences besides yarn, fabric, books, cookies, cupcakes, vintage apron patterns, aprons, chocolate, vintage kitchenware, helpful kitchenware, vintage quilts and my precious sewing room - linens and dishes. Just two. Some of my linens are sentimental treasures, some great thrift finds and many are gifts from my mother.

This piece, a small square table topper, is one of my favorites. I am not sure if the color on your screen, or mine, does it justice as it is a scrumptious thirties green. After all these years it is in wonderful shape and feels much like it has never been laundered. Look at that ric-rac. Isn't it amazing? I love this piece.

Happy Vintage Thingies Thursday! I am thrilled you stopped by and hope you will check out my giveaway while you are here. To be a part of all this vintage fun click on here to visit Suzanne over at Colorado Lady.


Thank you,

11 comments:

  1. I love the ric rac. It is used especially well on the piece. Lucky you to have only two indulgences :-) Lately, my indulgence is vintage German doll heads. I am hoping that those who see the work do not fine it creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, your linens are wonderful. I love the color,the embroidery and the ricrac. These are so crisp and fresh ,,it would be such a pleasure to use them. Happy VTT..have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that rick rack and those pretty embroidered flowers. Seems we have a lot of the same indulgences. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely old topper -- great color, and lovely embroidery too. that ric-rac is hand sewn! a labor of love indeed. Ric-rac always reminds me of my Mom -- in sewing, she believed that every mistake could be remedied by "just adding a row of ric-rac."

    Still makes me laugh, and still works. -- Cass

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha,ha,ha only two indulgences..i LOVE it LOL!!!..and i ADORE your sweet little table topper..in my fav 30s green and the softest pink ric rac with a sweet daisy stitchery...it's simply PERFECT!!!..i love dropping by your blog, Kelly it's ssoo REFRESHING, like a summer breeze :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely table topper.. green and pink, nothing could be wrong! just perfect colours together.. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful. I love the colors, and the rick-rack...my it looks to be in pristine condition. Love it!! Have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful linen. I loved the expression 30's green, my mother has a small ceramic vase just that shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly my monitor shows it as blue! Sorry I missed the green because it is a favorite. Grand use of ricrac!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! I'm so glad you only have TWO indulgences and not that WHOLE LIST. ;-)

    ReplyDelete