Monday, August 17, 2009

For My Teacher Friends

As I am taking a break from my domestic arts to prepare for classes, I am thinking about what I do and why I do it. I am thinking about why I worry about remembering the names of each one of my one hundred and forty four students, why I worry that fourteen weeks will not be enough, why I still don't believe it when I have to fill out the name of my occupation on the forms we grown ups must complete. I am a teacher. I don't really know why. I always have been I guess.

This poem is one of my favorites and I let Taylor Mali remind me often of one of the reasons why I do what I do.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! He said all that SO well! Kick ass this semester, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I wanted so badly to have a Blue Plate Special for you today, and even took photographs. My husband liked the meal, but not so much me. I'll keep trying until I get just the right recipe. Busy days for you going back to school. May I please send you your block? It turned out so cute, I would love for you to have it. Not to worry at all about sending one in kind. You can e-mail me your address at mermaidmom46@columbus.rr.com Have a great week! E

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great....so glad that I stopped by....love your blog

    ReplyDelete