Friday, July 24, 2009

Giving Hugs - part 2 of 6


The pattern I used for Jody's shawl is simple, simple, simple and easy to knit as its name promises, “Simple Yet Effective Shawl.” The shawl is certainly effective. It has great weight and yarn choice dictates its style. The shawl can be easily adapted to any recipient's personality making it a custom design every single time you knit it. The designer is Laura Chau and I connected with her design via Ravelry. Her directions are clear and easy to understand. I would not hesitate to try her other designs and plan to knit the Just Enough Ruffles scarf. Here are a few of her unique designs. Click on the pictures to learn more about these designs and how you can get your own.



Head over to Laura's blog. It is a beautiful mixture of inspiration, motivation, and the images of her life. Thank you, Laura, for allowing me to give this hug.

I ran out of yarn not once, but three times, in the process of making the shawl. I know, I should have been better prepared, but I had no idea how much yarn I would need or even how large the shawl would become. This is some of the experience I need as a newbie knitter I suppose. The size of the shawl was not something I knit to as much as it was something that just happened. I would just know when my desired length and width would be. Because of this, I had a remarkable experience...


5 comments:

  1. WOW Kelly. I am so VERY impressed with your knitting skills. This is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ONE gorgeous shawl! Just beautiful! We need to talk girlfriend! Take a peep over at my blog...doing a little giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work and lovely knitting!

    ReplyDelete