Thursday, June 18, 2009

VTT - Where are my hightops?


I know that I have mentioned a couple of times before that I show my love for the vintage thingies in our home by using them in our daily lives. This is true of our blue and white dishes, the milk glass, the crocheted potholders, the cobalt blue vases and bottles, the couch, the chairs, the coffee table, the dining table, the china hutch and so on and so on. My aprons are no exception, but I bet you didn’t know what I do all day in those aprons besides baking, cooking, sewing and just plain standing around and looking pretty. Today’s post is a good example. Check out my throw-like-a-girl form. Shameful. Well, at least it is a cute apron!



“Laugh at yourself, but don't ever aim your doubt at yourself. Be bold. When you embark for strange places, don't leave any of yourself safely on shore. Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory.” ~Alan Alda


Join ColoradoLady in all the fun of sharing our vintage treasures. You will have such a good time.

14 comments:

  1. Such a cute post. I needed that quote today. I have spend the entire afternoon doubting my ability in this quilting class....very frustrating. I so needed to read that...thanks so very much!! Lovely apron, and what a cute way to model it.

    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your apron! Looks like you were having a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs hightops if you've got the right apron on?
    Whoowhoo! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, where is your editor to photoshop in "your basket". Cute post. Love the apron. I wear one all day long too but don't know if I ever shot hoops in one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, Kelly. Go, Kelly. (It's the cheerleader coming out in me.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coke should use you in a commercial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute post! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun post!!..love your apron too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post, Kelly. That apron almost looks like it is crocheted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I agree with Bea-the apron looks crocheted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man - - - just look at that form!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great form and superb follow through! Way to go Grrl!

    Love the apron too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute you are and what a great post! I love that you quoted Alan Alda. I absolutely love that he often says about his wife, "I can't wait for the next thing she will say. She's fascinating." You blog days are such fun. The photographs make me think I actually could make something and have it turn out. I might like to try this myself! Lovely, lovely blog. Enjoy your weekend! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete