Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Break a Leg Fruit Salad


Sorry, but Blue Plate Mondays is really Blue Plate Tuesdays Nearly Wednesday this week. I am droopy and so is the blog. It is hot here in Missouri. Hot! The temperature is 95 degrees F. today, and was that and more yesterday and the day before and will be that tomorrow and the next day and the next day. The heat index this afternoon is 103 degrees F. Now, some of you might be thinking this is no big deal and it is no big deal if you live someplace like where are I grew up, but Missouri is a different story. Did I mention our humidity is 75 percent? Well, then I should. The humidity is 75 percent and that is just plain uncomfortable by any measure. It may be hard to tell, but I do hesitate to whine; after all, I whined a good deal about being cold just a couple of months ago.

There is no explanation, really, to my feeling droopy and it is not likely related to the heat, but droopy I am. This week I am sharing a droopy fighting, easy recipe. My friend Cathy turned me onto this when she made it for us at the theatre to munch on backstage before performances.


Break a Leg Fruit Salad

Peaches

Oranges

Pineapple

Strawberries

Blueberries

Nugget cereal
Vanilla yogurt – large container

Clean and cut fruit into bite sized pieces and place in a shallow bowl. I like to use my oval, two-quart casserole dish. Spread vanilla yogurt over top of fruit and top with nugget cereal. Chill, dude. Serve.



This is a great breakfast treat as well as a hot afternoon pick me up. As the heat goes up the meals need to be lighter and since I do not have a summer kitchen out on the porch, not using the oven is a very good thing. Be brave and change up the fruit as seasons permit.

Drag out the recipe boxes and show me your best summer fare here with Blue Plate Mondays. I hope you will join us and share your favorite recipes. It is easy.

1. Create a post on your blog that includes a favorite recipe. Don’t forget the stories and any attribution necessary. If you don’t have a blog, e-mail your recipe to me and I will post it here for you.
2. Link in with the Mr. Linky at the end of this post. Please be sure to do this after you have created your recipe post.
3. Check back often to see who is sharing recipes and visit the participants and leave comments.
4. Challenge yourself to try a new recipe each week and cram your recipes boxes full!

5 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering just looking at this! We do something similar but use either peaches or mixed berries. I'll have to try your version this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! what a colorful dish. It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM...This looks so good. When I get the kiddos all settled from their recent illnesses I will share my summer berry recipe. I'm glad I'm not drooping alone. Now I know I'm in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy
    Hey this is a great idea as hot as it is .
    It is crrently 105 here in central Texas .
    Man what a hot start to summer.
    Try to rest and keep cool.
    Have a wonderful rest of the week.
    Happy trails

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this looks wonderful. I think my grandkids would love it. I think I just found what to put in my second bowl for the 4th of July. Thank you for sharing. Every year as a child we went to Table Rock Lake for 2 weeks. Is that anywhere near you? I loved it over there but the hills, going up and down and round and round made me so car sick. As a kid I don't remember the humidity so much, but my family lives in Oklahoma and that is where I grew up, so I know about humidity. Thanks for stopping by Country Wings in Phoenix. "Country Hugs," Sherry

    ReplyDelete