Sunday, June 14, 2009

Blue Plate Mondays - Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins


I had other plans for this week’s Blue Plate Monday, but when LibbyLu decided to help me make muffins this morning, I could not pass up this wonderful opportunity for memorable mother daughter time. When I was young, Thursday was my cooking day with mom. This is how I learned to cook. Our generation seems more frantic, our children seem busier than we ever were and having a single and same cooking day every week proves nearly impossible. One of my summer goals is to get the girls in the kitchen more by simply asking them if they want to help. They have yet to turn me down and it has been some fun.


Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins

1 ¾ C quick cooking oats

1 C all-purpose flour

1/3 C sugar

1 T baking powder

½ t salt

1 C milk

1 egg

¼ C vegetable oil

1 C blueberries, rinsed and drained



Combine oats flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.


Mix in milk, egg, and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.


Fold in blueberries.


Fill greased muffin sups 2/3 full with batter. Makes one dozen muffins.


Bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.

With the exception of the top photograph all remaining finished muffin photos were taken by LibbyLu herself. My children will likely grow up thinking that photography is part of cooking. Oh, and her hands are clean. That is permanent felt pen and paint on her hands. She is quite the artist and her hands are daily evidence of her creativity.



Welcome to Blue Plate Mondays! We will be expanding our menus and filling up our recipe boxes with new recipes every Monday. Showcase your best recipes, share a food story, and make new friends. Gourmet is not required, just good food that tastes great. Why am I doing this? Read here and here.

I hope you will join us and share your favorite recipes. It is easy.

1. Create a post on your blog that includes a favorite recipe. Don’t forget the stories and any attribution necessary. If you don’t have a blog, e-mail your recipe to me and I will post it here for you.
2. Link in with the Mr. Linky at the end of this post. Please be sure to do this after you have created your recipe post.
3. Check back often to see who is sharing recipes and visit the participants and leave comments.
4. Challenge yourself to try a new recipe each week and cram your recipes boxes full!

8 comments:

  1. I love blueberries. This looks so yummy! I am going to make these for breakfast next Sunday. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! My kids love blueberry muffins. I will have to try this version with them this week since schools out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy! I love blueberries and they are in season now so I will definitely make these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two of my very favorites...blueberries and oatmeal...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY work girls! Both the muffins and the photos :-) Wish I could have one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look So good! SOOOO good! I didnt get my recipe posted today. I battled brioche most of the day...but I won!! And it was delish. I hope you will let me know how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blueberry muffins and the addition of oatmeal is very appealing to me. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Very nice photos too, I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh...those look incredibly delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I might just have to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete