Friday, May 22, 2009

My Mother's Day


Even though I have been much too busy to spend time here on my blog, I have tried to snap a picture here and there so I can catch up with all of you. So, just pretend that I am current and it does not seem strange that today I am sharing with you what my girls did for me a few Sundays ago on Mother’s Day.

My mother and I have been trying hard to find ways to make the holidays easier without sacrificing the traditions we love. After a few attempts at eating out on holidays, we decided to look to home for good food and great times. After all, what were we thinking? Eating out just didn’t cut it with okay food and grumpy service. We decided to throw ourselves a Mother’s Day brunch at her house. We had a beautiful day and kept it simple. The weather was cool, but the sun was shining.




LibbyLu was able to play outside with some neighborhood friends, who were happy to enjoy cake with us.

We ordered a cake from Beth’s Bake Shoppe. The best in town and a real treat.


I made this quiche.


Cubsey and GracieLu gave me this wonderful book to start my summer reading.


And, LibbyLu made me some cool “Mom Rocks” shoes. I wore them three days straight!




Here is my mom.


And, here is my kids’ mom. I am my kids’ mom.


I hope your Mother’s Day was wonderful.

~ Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great Mother's Day. We did brunch at my friend's.

    Your mom's porch is to die for! Hopefully mine will look like that next year.

    Does Libby sell her shoes? Bet she could make some good money on Etsy.

    What are you holding in the last picture? I think I have some embroidery transfers like that.

    Hope you have a great weekend. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you rock! Love the shoes. Thanks for a glimpse of your mom's house. Love the photo of her on the porch in that cute apron.

    ReplyDelete