Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Introducing Blue Plate Mondays

I am in a terrible rut as it applies to eating and cooking. This happens to me every now and again and I can pretty much pinpoint the symptoms leading to this place. These symptoms include being overly committed. Check. Needing to be in many places at the same time, over and over again. Check. Not having time to prepare good meals much less time to make a market list or market for the whole week. Check. No time to eat. Check. Eating out or ordering in, late in the day. Check. Mom guilt. Check.

At some point in this process, I hit deep freeze. I forget that I ever knew how to cook anything and I can’t possibly think of any take-out or eat-out that sounds remotely appetizing. This is the bottom and there is no way out but, well, up.

I know that there are some of you out there who, on occasion, find yourself in my position and starting next Monday – April 13, I hope that you will join me in pulling ourselves out of the rut with Blue Plate Mondays. Pull out those menus and recipe cards and remind yourself of what you do know how to cook and prepare to share them here. Share your recipe and enter my giveaway! Here is a hint of what I will offering.

4 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    Thanks for your comet about the old radio.

    Did you get singed up for my giveaway on April 15th for my 200th post?

    Blessings,
    Barbara Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Fun! I'll be back with a recipe, for now suffice it to say I am certainly in a rut and I could go a year without eating spaghetti and be really happy about it. Thanks for the challenge! it's the kick in the pants that I need. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in! I was really good about making out a meal plan for the week, but have gotten out of the habit. Need to start doing it again. This will help. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm in!!! Everybody in my house will be singing you praises because I'll be actually cooking on a Monday.

    ReplyDelete