Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blue Plate Mondays - How They See Me

I have a friend, Ashlei, who has, for years, accused me of being domestic. She, and my husband, who both have this wild idea that I am domestic, inspired the name of my blog. I have found myself to be forever in denial of how others see me.

Ahslei enjoys teasing me, as she shares with colleagues and fellow writers, that I keep a rotating menu with coordinated shopping lists that are laid out in the same way as the groceries are shelved in the market. You do this. Right? I don’t consider this particularly domestic as much as essential to saneness. If I don’t do this, we eat out. Too much. And, this is how I get into this current state. And, this how my kitchen binder gets into this condition:

And, this is why I am doing this. I currently keep a seven week rotation of menus and shopping lists with make ahead plans to make dinners during the week easier. This makes perfect sense to me. This is part domestic and part, well, obsessive behavior.

How do you keep up? Do you use menus? Lists? On the fly? On Monday, we will celebrate the care and feeding of those we love, including ourselves, so rummage through your favorite recipes and be prepared to renew your domestic spirit with us here at (un)Deniably Domestic with Blue Plate Mondays.

Don’t forget that we will be starting to share our recipes on Monday and I will also be announcing a GIVEAWAY! Here is a picture from my creative space today - giveaway hint #2…

Share your creative space with Kootoyoo!

7 comments:

  1. Well, I think the rotating menu's are just good sense. I think I might have to copy you with this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be this organised when it comes to meals - I have very good intentions but we tend to break the menu rules each time!

    x nadine
    little lovelies

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I thought I was organized?
    Awesome!

    I will rummage through my recipes...how fun!

    Stay Cozy, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put me to shame! My grocery list isn't as pretty as yours, but I do make it out by grocery section. In anticipation of Monday's post, I found the stack of my weekly menus. Thought I'd post some of my tips for menu planning along with a recipe.

    See you Monday! Happy Easter!

    PS - Will you have that lovely blue plate button available to use with out posts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...You have to share the rotating recipe thingy with me. I had never thought of that and that would help me so much instead of,"Okay, what do you guys want for supper?" and the answer always being, "I don't care."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say it's 'school teacher' behavior. I've enough friends and relatives to be able to recognize it a block away. I'm envious of it. We pretty much eat on the fly here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I sure hope you enjoyed your family meal tonight. Sorry I could not be there.

    ReplyDelete