Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Sunday at Home

Yesterday the sun was shining and girls headed to the park to fly kites. It was a perfect day for it if not a little bit too breezy.

They had a great time.

There was warm sun for sidewalk chalk art and bike riding with a friend. The girls came in dirty and hungry for supper. I thought the signs of spring and summer were emerging.

I needed to be home today. Just home with no where to go, no time to be there, and no panic to get anything done. I have not been home and in good health in a few weeks. I am behind in everything. Yesterday, I cleaned and reorganized my studio. It was quite evident that the last two weeks before opening night were stressful and time was a crunching. Now, that the studio is mine again to create what I wish when I wish, I need some order. It felt good to get something done.

Today has been calm and nurturing. I slept until I awoke on my own, which, ironically, is not much later than I will have to get up for school tomorrow morning. But, waking on my own feels so nice. I spent a couple of hours working on a new blog giveaway and challenge. I will start talking about the giveaway this week. I am pretty excited!

The weather has once again turned cold and by noon I was searching for my sweater. It is windy enough to qualify for a blustery day. The temperature is expected to drop to 28 this evening. I had a bin half full of potatoes in the pantry and decided it was a good day for Potato Soup. I whipped up some quick biscuits and an easy dinner was served.

For dessert, I pulled a cookie mix out of the cupboard. I had received this little cookie mix as a gift on Valentine’s Day, and often these sort of things make way into the pantry never to be seen again. I am never convinced the cookies will be good enough.

These are darling little sugar cookies which didn’t taste half bad. The bonus came when a neighbor popped in with a box of brownies. How nice was that? Have a good Sunday evening.

~Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment on my design blog! Your potato soup looks amazing!! I am NOT a cook so I envy anyone who can!! Your blog is so cute and I look forward to getting to know you better through it!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you had Kelly! And by the way, I am SO impressed with all that work you put into your recent production. Gee whiz!! What a lot of care and effort. They're awfully lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the being behind. I've had a ton of migraines recently and it's just thrown everything off kilter.

    Hope you get more beautiful days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,
    I'm so glad that you got the relaxing day that you needed. The food looks amazing, now I'm wishing I could have relaxed WITH you!
    Also wanted to say thanks for your sweet comment on my TCB feature yesterday. I hope you'll visit again soon! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great day!!

    Thanks for the comments girl! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete