Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I need to brag...

Tonight is what is called First Dress. There will be two dress rehearsals, the first being a work out all the kinks event, the second a preview night for students. I am swamped. I have a sick child. And, I have no business goofing around here writing to you. But, I miss you all so much!

Also, I need to brag. One of my talented and beautiful children was in the newspaper yesterday. Libby (aka Lizzie) was interviewed as a kid about town. I wanted to share the text here.

Lizzie, 11, is a fifth-grade student who is selling art and is involved in theater.
Advertisement

Her parents are Kelly and Wayne, and her stepfather is John. She has eight sisters and one brother.

Q: You enjoy creating art. What do you do?

A: My mom bought some white canvas high-tops and I have started decorating them with sharpies. I've already had offers to buy some of my shoes.

Q: Not every artist can say they've sold their work.

A: And I'm going to start selling them on Etsy. It's a Web site where you can sell handmade items.

Q: Have you displayed your work anywhere?

A: At ArtWalk, we had a booth with my shoes and photography.

Q: How long have you done photography?

A: I've done photography for a couple of years. My mom got a light box, and now I use it all the time. I'm now the photographer for her blog.

Q: What do you like to photograph?

A: Pretty much anything that will fit in a light box.

Q: You also enjoy theater. How did you get involved in that?

A: My mom does all the costumes for the OTC plays at the Gillioz and I help people with their costumes. She also designed clothes for Branson shows before she became an English teacher.

Q: Do you enjoy that?

A: I do. I get to see a lot of productions way before they go on.

Q: What do you think you'll end up doing for a living?

A: When I grow up, I want to be either a professional cheerleader, an artist or I'd really like to be an actor.

Q: Cheerleader? Are you a cheerleader as well?

A: I'm in Show Stoppers. It's a cheerleading program for fourth through sixth grades.

Q: So what else do you like to do?

A: I sing also. And I have an electric guitar.

Q: What is your favorite subject in school?

A: P.E. I love sports. I'll play about any kind of sport. Every weekend I play football with my dad.

Is my kid cool or what?

Opening night is Friday! Yikes! Back to the sewing room. ~Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview Libby. You certainly are a talented one. Singing, dancing, playing guitar, acting, sports, art, photography... I'm assuming you have time for schoolwork, right?


    I'll be on the lookout for your Etsy shop! That's wonderful news. It's lovely to see someone your age with so much passion. Those shoes are rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, who is this writing on my new blog? Ha ha, nice to see you here again, Sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atta Girl Lizzie! Keep up the good work!! Those are awesome high tops!
    Kelly your voice seems deeper...tee-hee. ;)
    I've missed ya over at the Apronista. But, I see you're up to your elbows in alligators! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be prepared to be Celebrity Mom :)

    ReplyDelete