Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday - Sweet Bowl

I have collections. I collect vintage aprons, vintage dishes, vintage linens, and old wooden spools of silk thread. I like blue and white dishes and wish I had more access to Cornish Ware – the blue and white stripes drives me wild! I am always on the hunt and love to go thrifting. I like to use my vintage goodies as you know. This is the way that I love them. And although I love the things I collect, every now and again I find something that just plain speaks to me to pick it up and love it. This is such a thing. I love this little bowl. It is small, bright, and happy. It caught my eye in a flea market this past December. Don’t you think it looks pretty sitting on this vintage crochet potholder? Oh, I collect those also and should share some with you one VTT.

Visit Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingies Thursday and share your vintage treasures. If you would like to join us, visit Suzanne's lovely blog, post a comment to her vintage treasure post. Create your own Vintage Thingies Thursday post and create your Mr. Linky connection.

20 comments:

  1. I love the bowl, and I really, really, love the crocheted pot holder. I remember my grandmother having them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which I like the best the dish or the pot holder. My Grandmother in law, made these all the time. Wish I had some of them now, but her DD took all of them when she passed.
    I love the color blue of the dish, I can see why it spoke to you.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those three things (pot holder, bowl and mints) were made for each other. I am envious that those are not mine. Amazing find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little bowl! It looks like the same glass as the egg cup that Cricket is sharing this week. Do you know what that glass is called?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Molly...both are great and even better together. Love that color blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bowl, and that potholder is gorgeous. My mother and grandmother made many of the potholders, and I've made a few. Sure wish I still had some of them.And p.s...you sounda a lot like me with your collections..I'm becoming aware that I collect most anything vintage. Happy VTT...have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture! I like to use my vintage things too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bowl is pure sweetness. I love it sittin on the potholder. I collect those too, but they are getting hard to find.

    I love the red witht he blue, this was such a cheery post...made me feel all happy inside! Who makes that bowl? Does it have a maker stamp on the bottom?

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bowl. I have an obsession for bowl and any kind of dinnerware. Those potholders were the thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm conflicted. I like the dish and the pot holder...okay, no choice must be made. They're both fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like milk glass but it is blue. Very pretty!
    Happy Vintage Thingies Thursday
    from Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great find! Love that blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love how you thought to put that pretty blue bowl on the red & white! Stunning... I just love collectible treasures!

    Stop by and visit if you can...I am hosting a giveaway. Maybe you will be lucky again!

    Stay Cozy, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty blue and yes, it looks lovely on that potholder.
    I know what you mean, sometimes things scream for you to take them home, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful shade of blue! I know about things speaking to you. Happens to me all the time. Hubby says it's really just the voices in my head. =) Hope the hand is better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YEY!!!i've met a kindred spirit :)someone who is as [mad] passionate a collector as moi...such FUN lol!!i TOTALLY understand what you're saying!!...and i love your little blue bowl atop the sweetest crochet potholder :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color of that little bowl and what a nice hot pad under it. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kelly, have you seen my brown shoes?

    ReplyDelete