Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Sewing Basket - Still hookin'

My creative space is a mess. A real mess. And I don’t see this getting any better over the next couple of weeks. My sewing basket is far more neat and tidy. It sits on the Elvis table at my end of the couch. Although I had big plans to finish my birthday socks this month, I was a little distracted with these. I have big plans for creating. Remember this list? I am easily distracted by gift making and other commitments. These are good distractions for the most part. After finishing the hats and scarves, I had planned on making myself this shawl.
John requested another set of hats and scarves for two other special little ladies in our lives. Both girls like pink so one set will be pink and green and the other pink and yellow. We are still in the throes of winter, and these are very easy and quick. I am using the same Peppermint Hat and Scarf pattern.

I am also pulled this morning to knit or crochet a comfort shawl for a very special someone who needs all the comfort she can get at this time. This will need to be a quick project and I welcome your pattern ideas and suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. Well I can't give you any patterns or ideas,but I can say I do like to drop by and look at your blog - and I am glad that your workspace is a mess - makes me feel human x

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling hat and we creative people can sometimes make our creative spaces messy, but organization can happen. One 'stitch' at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened upon your blog and look forward to catching up. It's beautiful!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned to crochet when I was about 10, but didn't learn to knit until I was well into my 30's. I love them both! I don't have much time to do either anymore now that I found beads, but I Loooooove to look at other people's work (and buy it!)

    ReplyDelete