Thursday, January 15, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday - Vases

Visit Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingies Thursday and share your vintage treasures. If you would like to join us, visit Suzanne's lovely blog, post a comment to her vintage treasure post. Create your own Vintage Thingies Thursday post and create your Mr. Linky connection.

Vases

I have been fortunate to acquire a few pieces of milk glass and cobalt blue glass vases over the past couple of years. These two small vases are delicate and sweet.

I love how the light dances through the glass when they are perched on the kitchen window sash. The milk glass is amazingly translucent.
I took these pictures last Spring when John surprised me with a bouquet of daisies, my favorite flower. In all shapes, sizes, and colors, daisies always make me smile.

The colors were unexpected and surprising, just like John's love for me. Thank you, sweet, sweet, darling John.

John also had fun photographing these fun flowers and I thought I would share these amazing images with you here.

15 comments:

  1. What cute vases and wonderful pictures today. The made me smile...it is cold and dreary here, I wish it was warm and sunny.

    Your vases are very pretty. I like that they are so similar except for the color.
    Mr. Linky was down...not my error..LOL. I linked you in for this week.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like milk glass and your vases are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
    Beca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful--great pictures--I love cobalt blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vases, loved the presentation with John's flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the vases, especially the blue one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these vases. The hobnails on the edge really make them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vases and how special of John to bring you flowers...hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother loved milkglass vases also. Your photos are so vivid and gorgeous! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cheerful photos of your vases and flowers. Thanks for the burst of color and the reminder that Spring will come.

    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope to grow those sunflowers sometime soon. beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your vases are gorgeous and the flowers are stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful vases. They're perfect for the lovely flowers.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful seeing the 2 vases w/ the same shape in different colors; I love them! I also love daisies and John did a wonderful job with the photos!

    ReplyDelete