Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Now, where did I put that list?

Have I mentioned that I have made a few New Year’s resolutions? No? Oh, well, that is likely true as I know full well if I tell you, if I type them here, and share them with you that I will either stress myself out making sure I meet these resolutions, so you do not think I am a failure, or I will not meet the resolutions and fail. I will then feel horribly guilty sending myself into complete and utter denial and despair. This would not be pretty, and would involve a great deal of over baking, and eating. So, secrets are my policy most of the time, but I have decided to share most of my successes with you which I intend to be many.

Oh, and I have decided not to call this process resolution making, but rather goal making and dream spinning. With that being said, I have decided to let you in on one of my goals. I actually started working on this about a month ago and now feel successful enough to share it.

One of my goals for 2009 is to lurk less and comment more. Yes, I have been a blog lurker and I know there are many of you out there just like me. You click and read and lurk without saying a word. It is okay. There is help.

Hi. My name is Kelly and I am a blog lurker, but I am breaking my silence. Why would I do this? I am becoming a comment queen simply because I have learned through my own new blog that when you leave me comments I become simply giddy with delight! I love your inspiration and your kindnesses. I like you and want to be friends – okay, now this is getting a bit sappy. I will just get to the point…

I am blogging and commenting. I am a blogger. I am a commenter. I challenge you to stop lurking in the shadows – yes, you, the one just out of the glare of your monitor. You know who I am writing about here. Take control. Comment. You will like it and so will the recipient!

3 comments:

  1. My problem is more not having the time to even read blogs much less leave a comment.

    I don't really do resolutions either but I do have one for 2009: To find and own a pink typewriter. That has to be the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never have time to comment either, but ... just found you and great blog! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same bloggy resolution as you. I am afraid that I am guilty as charged.

    On another note, that little pink typewriter is what brought me over here. Now I want one.

    ReplyDelete